If you are looking for ways to spice up your hot chocolate, I suggest that you try the Mint Hot Chocolate that I found on The Gracious Wife‘s Blog.
I’ve tried it, and I absolutely love it!
Mint Hot Chocolate:
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: A few drops of food coloring
- Marshmallows for topping
- In a large pot, add milk and half-and-half, and heat over medium heat until steam-y but not boiling.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips. Continue stirring until chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is creamy.
- Stir in food coloring and extracts. Stir until smooth. Serve warm.
Why don’t you try it and let me know what you think? Do you have any other ideas for spicing up your hot chocolate?
until next time….
Fashionably Educated Mom
It’s Tasty Tuesday, and today I am feeling the holiday spirit! I am thinking about hosting a holiday party this month (I can’t believe it’s already December 1st), so I went exploring on one of my all-time favorite sites…Pinterest! I was looking for some cute and tasty drinks that I could serve for the party and came along this awesome drink on Buzzfeed.com
The Frostbite Cocktail #1:
This drink is colorful, festive, and delicious I may add. I had to try it out for myself (I had to make sure it tasted as good as it sounded lol).
1½ oz tequila
1 oz cream
½ oz blue curaçao
1 oz chocolate liqueur
½ oz crème de menthe
Shake and strain into an ice-filled glass.
There are several other festive drinks located on the buzzfeed as well.
Frostbite Cocktail #2:
Here is another version of the drink that I found on thisweekfordinner that I am going to try.
For those who don’t drink or want a drink for the kiddos, here is a mocktail that is just as delicious and surely will be a huge it 🙂
Author: Jane Maynard
3 ounces Sierra Mist Natural
2 ounces of White grape juice
1 ounce Pineapple juice
1 ounce Lime juice
- In a shaker filled with ice, mix fresh lime juice and pineapple juice
- Add white grape juice, mint and blueberries
- Shake all ingredients well and strain into a large glass filled with ice
- Top with Sierra Mist Natural
- Garnish with fresh blueberries for a holiday twist (optional)
I think this drink was delicious and I will add this to one to my list of holiday drinks. I hope you give one of these recipes a try. If you do, comment below and let me know what you think.